Thursday, February 5, 2009

2008 Reflection



I started the 2008 year without a job since I resigned from managing the family business to pursue my first love and that is making computer programs or should I say being a computer programmer. On the second month (February 10 to be exact), my daughter and I went to Hong Kong and stayed at my sisters’ rented pad hoping to find a job and continue my passion. Sad to say after three months (May), nothing happened and my daughter and I came back to the Philippines. There have been responses and was hoping to hire my services but when they knew that I don’t have the appropriate papers to work legally, they rejected my application and said that they prefer residents.

The upside of our trip was that we were able to tour Hong Kong/Macau (very BIG thanks to my sister) without the press of time and was able to stay in Shenzhen, China for a month (thanks to my brother-in-law Noli). I can now be your tour guide (hehe) :) and go anywhere in Hong Kong without being afraid even though I know a little Cantonese, don’t know anybody, and in a foreign country.

Nothing has happened on my career but I still feel fulfilled because it has made my daughter and I closer. We were able to spend much more time together and had never experienced any dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment